Thoughts, opinions, rants, art.

VISITORS ........

VISITORS ............ do please leave a comment so that I know you were here :)

Followers

Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Tattoos and Stuff

I suppose I really ought to get back into this blogging thing. To be honest I haven't done much of anything this month. I've read several books and done some gardening. I've sorted out the pantry and tidied up my art room. Rearranged my bedroom; made some curtains and that's about it.
*********************

I have noticed that there are a lot of 'older' women getting tattoos! Not a good look. I think there's a 'best before' date for tattoos and it's not in your fifties. I was pondering that in twenty or thirty years time there is going to be a lot of loose, wrinkly skin with pictures on that nobody can decipher anymore. When you get into your sixties your skin takes on the texture of crepe paper and your muscles give up and hang below your arms. Even skinny folks get bingo wings - they may be smaller, but they are still there.

Can you envisage a nursing home full of ancient people with tattoos and piercings? But I suppose there will be more of them than the un-tattooed lot. I'm beginning to feel like the odd one out already.

I noticed at the senior's club that a woman in her seventies had had her wrist tattooed. Why would you at that age???

As my mum used to say, 'There's nowt so funny as folk'.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a great lover of tattoos - but each to their own ... we used to have a bloke coming into the shop in the village ... every square inch was tattooed - I thought he had a full head of hair until he walked over and I saw it was all just one big tattoo.

    And what I had mistaken for mud on his face ...

    I'll be sitting next to you in the nursing home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few. It was hard to imagine Mick Jagger and Paul the Beatle getting old, but we adjust. I'll let you know about the nursing home and old fogies with tattoos when I get there.

    I missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment so that I know you were here. I read and appreciate them all.
WORD VERIFICATION IS NOT USED ON THIS BLOG. -
It's a pain in the bum!