Thoughts, opinions, rants, art.

VISITORS ........

VISITORS ............ do please leave a comment so that I know you were here :)

Followers

Sunday, 3 February 2013

A Tweet of a Different Nature

There is a bird hanging around my garden that is driving me nuts. It is tweeting. Not singing, there is no variety to its noise. It goes tweet..tweet..tweet..tweet..tweet..tweet, same sound, same interval between tweets - ad nauseam.

For a while I did not know what kind of bird it was. Now I do. It's an olive coloured honey eater. Hubby thinks it's a baby bird tweeting to be fed, but this is not the time of year for baby birds and it's just the one bird doing it. If it is a baby bird surely there would be several of them around the place tweeting. If it is, I wish it's mother would teach it how to fend for itself. If I could catch it I would wring its little birdy neck!

It's one of those noises that gets into your brain and you can't ignore it, and it never seems to stop. These particular birds have inhabited my garden for years and I've never noticed this before and, as I say, it just seems to be the one bird. It's been going on for weeks and I'm sure it doesn't take that long for them to learn to feed themselves.

***********************

Something else that's pissing me off somewhat is, when I type something in the search bar Google decides that I'm really wanting something else and changes it, well not changes it exactly, but it produces another search space and fills it. There is the 'search' place in my toolbar which I type in but then a second Google Search place opens below it with something else in. Often it has nothing to do with what I want. When I click 'enter' it's the one Google's chosen that I get, not what I wanted. It makes me very vexed!

I don't want Google guessing what I want. I'm quite capable of making my own decisions. I don't know how to get rid of it either as it comes up as the header to a page.

************************

PS. I've just had a look in settings and it's called Google Instant and I'm turning it off!
PPS. Monday, 4.2.13. - Oh, bliss. I haven't heard that bloody bird all morning. Maybe its mother got sick of it and it is now fending for itself................. or maybe a cat got it. I swear I haven't touched it.

2 comments:

  1. :) It was doing my head in! It appears to have stopped today for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment so that I know you were here. I read and appreciate them all.
WORD VERIFICATION IS NOT USED ON THIS BLOG. -
It's a pain in the bum!